Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 2

My day 2 started at 230 in the morning... I shit you not I was awake and felt amazing! I wasn't tired or groggy, if it were actually warmer out I would have actually gotten up and done something productive haha but it was cold, so I ran in the kitchen made my coffee and oats and jumped back in bed!


Bob's Red Mill 5 grain oats
Chia seeds
Almond butter
agave nectar
Banana
splash of Almond milk


I enjoy waking up early, but 230 was something crazy! haha talk about a pep in your step :) I just ran with it. Felt good the entire day, minus a slight headache. Took some Tylenol and that was done. I had lil imagination with what to do for lunch this day. I was not in the mood for another salad and I didn't want to get in the habit of thinking that was all i had available to me.


I made my smoothie as usual and decided to go a little lighter today.






Smoothie:
Coconut water
Ginger
Carrots
Strawerries
Pineapple
Amazing Grass Superfood ORAC







Ended up eating a little lighter today I made my Rice pudding and drank my green tea and felt good.

Rice Pudding:
Brown rice
Coconut milk
Almond milk
Chia seeds






I wasn't super hungry today, I sipped on my tea and drank my water today but didn't feel at all like I needed food. I felt really good.



I got home and made stuffed shells for dinner. Now these were not bad at all, I would totally make them again. Hubby and two step sons all tried them and said they weren't gross lol I would modify my own version though to add more flavor or seasoning to the tofu but definitely do able. I sauteed the tofu with garlic and olive oil, added zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach...made a sauce and topped it with Vegan Mozzarella cheese.





They had decent flavor, and the texture of the tofu wasn't too far off from Ricotta cheese, but I made it in a hurry and just crumbled it with my hands. Next time I may put it in the food processor instead. Maybe also add some of the Vegan Mozz into the mixture. The fakey cheeses aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I can say I noticed a difference, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't finish my meal. I ate 3 shells and step son ate 1... I packaged and froze 2 batches of 4 for later :)





This night I also made Brownie bites..it was supposed to be 1 muffin sized brownie, but I doubled the batch and used mini muffin pan instead. This way I had extras for the next day. They were good but definitely need to be tweaked a lil bit. I'd make them again though..its nice to still have a sweet treat and not feel so guilty.

That's one thing I have come to realize in this challenge. Before I considered myself "on track" if I was tracking my calorie intake logging my foods on an app and so on. Literally counting everything. I've also done the weight watchers thing and hated living by the point system. With a vegan based diet I don't feel the need to log every damn thing I put in my mouth. I am still mindful of portions and I am not stuffing myself to the point of stretchie pants but I am totally hearing my body's wants and needs. I don't feel guilty for eating! That's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment