Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 3...


The headaches continued... :( not a happy camper about that. I was weighing out all the different reasons I could have them daily. My ponytail was too tight, I'm rolling over and tugging on my hair (it's long and gets in the way), allergies, allergy to something new in my diet, lack of something in my diet, detox from all the bad shit!? Who the hell knows. Needless to say I was cranky. Sort of like PMS symptoms minus the PMS... either way I messaged Nicole, to let her know and wanted to see if this was normal. Looked like another girl also taking part in the challenge was also experiencing the same thing. I did some reading and saw that it seemed to be a common side affect the first couple of weeks, although I have yet to find out why. Nicole reminded me that I needed to look into getting some B12... apparently it's common for those who are Vegan to be deficient in that category and that I should contact my doctor regarding the headaches. So I did, I'm waiting to hear back.

This morning I started my day later than normal which threw me off. No pep today...I felt a lil whiny but since nobody was around I had to listen to myself and got annoyed.

Yes that is a Talenti jar ;) don't judge lol I'm too cheap to buy extra jars and those work perfectly!

The night before I set some overnight Oats to set in the fridge. I used the 5 grain oats, added some cinnamon, chia, and some dehydrated apples, with Almond milk. Grabbed it the next morning and decided it's not a good time for cold oats and ended up warming them up. They had great flavor... I would imagine over the summer over night oats are going to be my thing, and the flavor combos are just endless! But for now I will stick to my warmed oats.




As usual I made my smoothie, this time I used Maca powder, the coconut water, baby spinach, carrots, strawberries and Apples. I drank it on my way to work as I usually do. I get about half done and finish the rest as I get work started. Today though, it wasn't sitting well. I noticed I was getting heartburn. It instantly set me in an ew mood and I tossed out the remaining half.

Lunch today was a Black bean burger, I used half cup of spinach, spicy mustard, and avocado as garnish and ate it with a half cup of green beans with smart balance and lemon pepper. I got down on my lunch yesterday! I was HUNGRY...I felt it and ended up eating before noon. I'm guessing the fact that I didn't get to finish my smoothie had something to do with it. It was ok though I was much more satisfied with my left over lunch!


Dinner: I used Ramen noodles, tossed out the flavor pack and made my own broth. I took a veggie base and added fresh cut ginger...sauteed some onions, mushrooms, carrots, and zucchini and tossed it all together. Garnished it with some more green onions. I think I was totally craving a sort of "comfort food" last night. After my slow & sort of rough start I felt like I needed it. It totally hit the spot too. I ended up munching on some Vans high fiber dry cereal to kill the sweet craving and called it a night by 8 I think. Listening to my body again... I'm realizing it's always speaking to me I just never paid attention to it.

Starting to really enjoy the benefits of this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment